The following is a list of enemies one may encounter. Note that they are grouped according to ranger's favored enemies. There are no (nonmagical) beasts, fey, giants, half-elves, halflings or monstrous humanoids as non-summon enemies in the game.
- Avian: parrot, raven, seagull
- Badger, dire badger
- Bear, dire bear
- Canine: dog, wolf, dire wolf, winter wolf
- Deer, white stag
- Feline: crag cat, panther
- Rat, dire rat
- Snake: great cobra, spitting cobra
Note that dwarves, elves, gnomes, goblinoids, half-orcs, humans, orcs, reptilians and shapechangers may be selected as a ranger's favored enemy.
- Dwarf, duergar
- Elf, drow
- Goblinoid: bugbear, goblin, hobgoblin
- Orc, half-orc
- Reptilian: kobold
- Gelatinous Cube
- Karmanthi - The dog like creatures used in the cultist summoning ritual.
- Dracolich - A dragon gone through a ritual which transforms it to a undead dragon, granting all the benefits and weaknesses of such a stat.
- Balrog, Lesser Balrog
- Formian: myrmarch, queen, warrior, worker
- Hell Hound
- Mephit What types of mephits?
- Skeleton, undead heretic
- Zombie, tyrantfog zombie