Rizzen is a member of the noble House Do'Vrinn and son of Matron Do'Vrinn. He is a rogue and an assassin, living in Maeralssin in the Underdark. The Princess first encounters him in the Maeralssin Market interested in purchasing slaves. Rizzen has two sisters, Talice and Akordia, both of whom (due to being female) hold higher rank in his House and the drow society in general. House Do'Vrinn and House Noqut'tar are bitter rivals.
- Ability Scores: 12, : 19, : 14, : 14, : 12, : 14
- Rizzen increases his Dexterity score during leveling.
- Class: Rizzen has fighter and rogue levels and can be leveled up as both.
- Feats: Rizzen has Weapon Finesse and Weapon Focus and Improved Critical feats for rapier. He has Two Weapon Fighting but no Ambidexterity, and he doesn't gain it during his level progression.
- Equipment: Rizzen's Leather Armor (Enhancement+5 ,Hide +10 MS: +10, Immunity: Fear), Rizzen's Rapier (Enhancement+5), Rizzen's Crossbow (Enhancement+5, Unlimited Ammo). He also has a magic bag in which he carries a severed head of a dead drow, which can become useful during the Princess's dealings with Sioril in Moonville.
- Some report that Rizzen cannot be resurrected nor by the Rod of Resurrection nor by any other device or a spell, while other seem not to suffer from such occurrence. Restore saved game or see Troubleshooting if everything else fails.
Rizzen has never left the Underdark, but had plenty of experience with surfacers, especially female slaves. He was the weapon master of House Do'Vrinn, which gave him some room for maneuver, when dealing with his sisters.
Rizzen doesn't appear during Part One.
While the Princess is kept as a slave in the Maeralssin Market, it is Rizzen who purchases her. Later, after escaping Maeralssin and becoming a fugitive, he becomes one of her companions, although he still regards her as his slave. Following their escape from Maeralssin, Rizzen presents the Princess with an amulet.
Because Rizzen considers himself the slavemaster, he often projects a domineering presence over the Princess. He is smart, cunning and aware of the dangers in the Underdark. However, upon reaching the Surface, Rizzen relies more heavily on the Princess and acquires a sense of respect for her.
In particular, the Princess's decision not to carry through with Sioril's request to kill him during Moonvile adventures, dismays him, but also makes him see the Princess in new light and follow her leadership.
- If the Princess is not in an active romance with anyone else, she will stumble when the party gets near the forest south of Moonville on its way to the Cult Site. Rizzen will catch her, and a while later, through dialog options, the Princess has the possibility to become his paramour and have sex with Rizzen (not as often as she would probably wish, though), hence forming an "alliance" with him.